Tuesday, July 16, 2024

All the dogs under one roof again

 I am in transition.  Last night I moved the last of my things from CC's place but on my way to my new place, got a flat tire on Moson Road.  I still managed to get to my new place as the tire was still hissing.

That flat tire slowed me down this morning as I was walking to my old home.  Fred from Perrill Contruction picked me up at the Coronado elementary school and dropped me off at my old place.  My Honda CRV is still parked there.

I took two dogs at a time as the CRV still has other stuff of mine taking up space.  Gretchen and Fritz have been closed off in the master bedroom where they have access to a water pan in the bathroom.  I knew that they would sense the other dogs' presence and would be stressed, especially Gretchen as she and Zana do not get along.

Taylor mentioned that the dogs may need to get used to a home again.  They may have gotten too wild being on their own at night for over two years.  Sure enough, after running around and sniffing on everything, when I got back to the house late at night, had to clean up several piles of poop  and pee.  Wolfie is the worst.  At least they all enjoy cuddling with me.

I'm going to have to retrain these four dogs.  And I may have to get retrained myself.  Until I get that backyard fence upgraded (heightened or electrified), I'm going to be keeping the dogs in various separate rooms during the workday.  The plan is to make sure the backyard fence is secure for my dogs, and that no wildlife can come in as well.  It's a spacious enough yard even if all six dogs are back there.  Getting the fence fixed is my priority.

Later in the early evening I drove to Fry's and got caught in a violent downpout.  I stayed parked in the lot for almost an hour as water flooded the immediate area.  When I finally drove on to my new home on SR90 and then south on Moson Road, I discovered that the road was closed due to flash floods.  I had to drive back into town via SR92 and Ramsey Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment