Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Brown Canyon duck pond

 I get out of school at noon on Wednesdays, and today was the third Wednesday I took Sweetie to work.  Now that it's cooler out, Sweetie enjoys napping in the truck for a few hours and seems quite content not having the younger dogs bothering her.

Today I also took Hansel along.  He, too, likes napping in the truck.  I was a little nervous having two dogs in the truck for a few hours in a school parking lot, but he did fine.  It was only 73F and overcast.


I like having a dog welcome me when I get to the truck after school.  Today I stopped at Frys and PetSmart and let the dogs walk around the pet store.  I didn't buy anything (it was more of a leg stretcher for them) and Frys didn't have too many deli items reduced, either. 


I opted to take both dogs on a short walk in Brown Canyon.  I chose the duck pond loop, a loop I did with Susan many times last year.

There were few people on the trail or the parking lot.  As soon as we got to the official ranch trail, I took the dogs off-leash.  Both dogs are good at staying close by so I don't have to worry about either dog running off on me.


We looped around the overflow pond and then again at the duck pond.  The overflow pond had more water in it than the duck pond

Skies were looking dark, but it never rained overhead.  The storm blew more to the east and north.


I walked Wolfie and Gretchen separately when I got home.  Those two dogs get along nicely.  Wolfie's facial scars are healing well, too. I am very happy that these two siblings get along. Both have been victimized by their siblings.


Next week I'll be on fall break.  I'm looking forward to doing a few urban trails around Tucson.

No comments:

Post a Comment