Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Full moon hike over Brown Canyon

Holly asked me a few days ago if I could lead a full moon hike.  I realized too soon that I could not, due to my late schedules recently at school.  The full moon for September rose today locally at 6:36pm.

Holly then took the initiative and lead a hike today in Brown Canyon.  Starting time was at 4:15pm.  I had just left my classroom by then, coming home at 4:30pm with dinner and spending some time with Kevin who was feeling good today.


It was a short walk.  I took Sahne.  This was her first group hike.  She did well on leash, but her puppy exuberance caused her to jump up on me at times and made her lose her focus.  But unlike her brothers, she did not pull on the leash.  She was a pleasure to walk.


I told Holly I'd meet her group near the overlook above the Brown Ranch.  It's only 0.75 miles from the trailhead.  i got there 30 minutes early.  i can only wait so long before I get restless, so I continued my walk until I met the group shortly thereafter.  It was just barely past a mile.

There were eight people in this group.  Besides SteveT and CelesteF, Susan and Holly, I knew noone.  It was too dark by then to recognize faces.  Sahne barked at Celeste's and Steve's dogs, but soon calmed down.  (This was a training hike for Sahne, and she learned fast).

We waited by the overlook ten minutes past moon rise, then descended before it got too dark.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment