Monday, September 6, 2021

Brown Canyon trail

Yesterday's hike proved to me that my energy to hike has returned.  When Ellen asked if I were interested in joining her on a slow walk to the Brown Canyon slot, I agreed to join her at 8am at the Ramsey Road trailhead.  I took Fritz on this hike, his first training hike in over three months.  We got started before the proposed time.


Fritz did very well on leash for the entire walk.  He never  once lunged at deer or squirrels.  Probably because we didn't see any.


Sunflowers along the dirt road to the ranch house are in full bloom and taller than Ellen.  Butterflies and bees like these yellow flowers.

There was water in the more established springs, but the trail wasn't as wet as I had expected after yesterday's rain 


Ellen needed to go slow and I felt taxed, too.  When we got to the horse trough at the three-mile mark, I asked for a rest break that took u s a good half hour.  I sat and drank my cranberry juice while Fritz rested in the shade and drank his water.  Fellow hiker and friend SteveD and his dog Morgan came up as we were ready to start our return hike.  Here is where Fritz lunged at Morgan, who hid behind his dad in fear.


I wish Fritz would just calm down, as he hikes so well on leash when he's the only dog.

We rested again at the ranch house for another 15 minutes before that last push to the finish line.  It was now past 10am and getting warm.  Lots of people were starting out as we returned to our cars and a packed parking lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment