Sunday, May 2, 2021

A long walk in the hood

https://www.strava.com/activities/5235132237

Today was my designated "easy day" after yesterday's hike.



 started out innocently, taking Sweetie and Zeke on a breezy sunrise walk around the neighborhood.  The light layer of clouds made this a cool and refreshing walk.  I didn't want to stop!  I took the dogs south on the dirt roads of CircleS  Road, then Calle Coyote back north to Sunnyvale road to east on Hereford Road before turning left again on S Rainbow Vista Way, a dirt road  with well-kept trailer homes.  This is a 3.5-mile rectangular walk around quiet homes and lots of backyard dogs. I hadn't been this far north on my dogwalks all year.  There were a lot of beer cans strewn along the road.  I picked up what I could.


I took a quick break once I got back home, stopping to have another cup of coffee and chatting with Kevin before taking Hansel on his own walk, another mile around the 'hood on paved roads.  Little Sahne wanted to come along as well, so she frolicked for one block, meeting Robin and her two GSDs before I let her back into the yard.  Of all the puppies, she's always the one most eager to explore.  I stayed with Hansel for another mile along my routine morning path before resting again.

I didn't feel the morning's heat until around 9am with Hansel as the clouds began to dissipate.  Now it was the breeze that was picking up, allowing me to then change over dogs with Gretel, walking her west on Hereford Road before turning south onl I'll no 0 Janice to Linda Vista, a  rutted dirt road that goes around the brick wall of the Horseshoe Ranch estates.  I don't normally walk here but today called for something different.


I had now walked almost nine miles with five dogs.  This is the longest dog walk I've done!  In the early evening I took Zeke out one last time to finish another loop in the Horseshoe Ranch estates.  It was breezy now for sure.


I managed 11.6 miles.  I contemplated walking a few more miles at night to make it to 14 miles, but opted instead to forfeit that chance.  Surely there'll be another day for PRs. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment