Thursday, January 16, 2020

Storms across the nation

January so far has been very active across the country.  I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with snow and ice on my drive to Chicagoland over the Christmas holiday.  All the treacherous weather came a week later.  The Midwest is especially affected.  As for us here in southern Arizona, today was a very wet day all day long.  Thick clouds covered the sky from before sunrise that lasted well past sun set.  It was a cold, damp day. Others may complain about the wet cold, but I enjoy them.  Our mountains need the water.


Despite all that, I still took the dogs out for a walk after school along the maintenance road, managing 3.25 miles under a very slight drizzle.  The wind picked up but we still made our goal.

Weather this weekend looks to be sunny again, but I hope Tucson gets clouds so that I can do two very challenging hikes.  I'll spend the night in Tucson at the air force base.




No comments:

Post a Comment