Sunday, July 8, 2018

Lazing around Amarillo

I had no concrete plans until the afternoon, when a plan to drive north to Lake Meredith to hike the Harbor Bay trail and camp near the shore where in order.  Until then, I only did three things:  I took the dogs to the John Stiff dog park at 10am, I ate at the Big Texan Steak Ranch, and I camped the night at the peaceful lake.

The dog park was disappointing.  The two-acre fenced-in park was infested with goathead weeds, the parking lot was badly littered, there was little shade and previous owners hadn't picked up after their dogs.  And then Sadie barked at all the small dogs.  (This dog park had no separate areas for big and small dogs.)  I did get to meet Ice, a two-year-old Aussie shepherd wearing doggles because he rides in the back of his owner's pick-up and is used to wearing them.  I wanted to talk more with his owner, but Ice didn't stay long.  No one stayed long in the heat.  I walked two miles around the rnish complex and then had coffee at a local coffee shop before heading out to the Big Texan Steak Ranch right off I-140.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment