Monday, April 30, 2018

Brown Canyon Loop

I was up early today.  Kevin was already up at 3:10am when I joined him.  My Skagen watch says I slept 6.5 hours and I did feel refreshed.  I showered, had coffee, and left the house with Kevin (in our separate cars) to join Bill for our final early morning hike in Brown Canyon.  Arizona teachers are still on a walk-out today and I took advantage of the free time.

We both drove into the parking lot at the same time and promptly got started, walking counter clockwise this time to catch the rising sun.  I threw on my old Marmot rain jacket because of the wind (18mph). Sunrise was at 5:35am but we missed it, getting to the ranch house five minutes earlier and walking into the canyon with the sun now behind us. 

This morning we had company along the trail.  Another couple with their two dogs, Rudy and Raven, were ahead of us.  The dogs were offleash and startled Zeke, but he soon ran with them along the trail.  We eventually passed the couple.

We finished the 5.2-mile loop in 1:43 hours.  I felt good afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment