Monday, March 25, 2013

A quiet weekend

We had a quiet weekend. On Saturday I hiked the Guindani trail in Kartchner Caverns State Park as part of the 40th anniversary hike of the Huachuca Hiking Club. Former and present members were invited. 47 showed up for the noon picnic, but I met several members early to hike this trail I've never heard of before. Rod, John S, Karen, Dave and three others joined me for this loop four-mile hike.

I didn't bring any of the dogs with me, although there were three other dogs at the picnic. I don't think any of mine would be well-behaved around all that food, however, the loop is a very scenic loop during the wet season.

It was nice chatting with old members. I also renewed my membership for the year. I want to get back into the swing of things and discover new trails.

Sunday late afternoon I took the entire pack with me to Hunter Canyon. There had been an organized clean-up on Saturday to remove the trash target shooters leave behind, but I didn't notice any major difference. There were still plenty of wood chips and spent brass all around the old campsite that has now been overtaken by the target shooters.

And this morning, back to work, we were awakened by Sadie's seizure at 4:04, followed by another one at 4:24am, then 5:48 and finally at 6:09 as she lay in the hallway. She peed on me that time. Although she recovered after each time (no temporary blindness), she remained listless and paced both the house and the backyard nonstop. This was not a good day to have to work.

When I got back home she was still restless, so it's hard to say how many more episodes she had in our absence. She had one more seizure outside with Kevin watching that late in the afternoon, and the rest of the night she paced around, whining. She finally got some sleep at around 1am for the rest of the night, but by then I couldn't get to sleep. I was tired the rest of the day. This was definitely the worst weekend for Sadie since her first clusters last August.

No comments:

Post a Comment