Thursday, May 16, 2024

Sweetie's cremains

Jackson veterinary clinic called in the afternoon to let me know Sweetie's ashes were ready for pick-up.  I went there after school and arrived after 4pm.  The vet tech handed me a paper bag.  In that bag was the white plastic urn (made to look like white marble), her ceramic paw print, and a certificate.


I got all teary-eyed again as I looked at that urn.  It wasn't much smaller than Kevin's, who probably weighed twice what Sweetie weighed. He was skin and bones in the end and his ashes aren't much more voluminous than Sweetie's.


I will keep them together, and eventually bury them together.

As I looked around the clinic yard, I noticed dark rain clouds forming over Sonora. The first virga clouds of the season have started this week; rain that evaporates before it hits earth .  It's a nice tease, but real rain will take a few more months.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment