Sunday, March 3, 2024

A long Sunday walk


I like my Sunday morning solitude.

I had some catching up  to do at the house so I stayed local today.  The plan was to walk the dogs early and then get to the house for more clean-up.  I want to get my old office cleaned up.


It almost turned out that way.  I took Fritz out first, creating a 1.5-mile loop in the immediate area.  It was 60F at 10am. Other people were also walking, many in couples, or singles with dogs.  Since Fritz has free roam of CC's back yard, it was Gretchen I focused on.  After dropping Fritz off, it was her turn and I walked south on  Equestrian Drive via the bike path to the Pueblo del Sol refuge.  We had reached the three-mile mark now.


We walked at a good pace, but the rising warmth was starting to affect us.  I wasn't wearing a hat nor did I have water for Gretchen.  We reached Cherokee Drive at the 3.8-mile mark and continued due north via the urban trail.We turned east on Kalispell Avenue and were back home in just under two hours. We had covered 6.1 miles.




The walk kicked my butt!  I drank water for two hours before I felt refreshed to continue on the house at 3pm.

My next urban walk will be to walk north on Equestrian Drive to the Garden Canyon linear park due north.  Construction on an 8'-wide paved path has already begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment