Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Walking the Fitness trail

It's been a few years since I walked the fitness trail in town with Zeke.  Today's cool and overcast sky made it a perfect morning for a work-out. 

The fitness trail is a paved, unmarked route that goes around The County Club Estates off Buffalo Soldier Trail and SR92.  You do cross three streets, but the entire path is for cyclists, walkers and any non-motorized vehicle.  A few metal benches along the way allow for rest breaks, but there are no water fountains or trash cans.


This morning I did it the trail again with Fritz after realizing I signed up for a half-day assignment starting at 11am instead of 7:20am.  Darnit, I could have slept in!!! Not wanting to drive all the way home for three hours, I walked the fitness trail at 7:30am.  I've never done this path in the morning.  It was a cool 51F when I started and 54F when I finished 90 minutes later.


There weren't too many people on this path.  Normally this path is busy with retirees doing their workouts but today there were only a few people walking or cycling. Fritz didn't mind any of the people, but he did get uncomfortable around the few dogs that passed us with their owners.


The best part of this path is the 1.5-mile section along a drainage area near the golf course.  In the spring and summer this section is chock full of wild flowers.  Today it was showing a badly-eroded path that will surely flood over in the next big rain (due Sunday).  

I did my good deed and picked up the beer and soda cans along the way.  What started out as a lone Diet Coke can quickly ended up being a collection of eight cans.  Really, people?!?!?

The five miles tired out Fritz.  He napped in the truck while I had an early lunch before heading back to the high school to finish out the day. Saw a healthy coyote trotting down a main road.  No big deal, that's life in the desert. A mountain lion was recently spotted in another subdivision.


https://www.strava.com/activities/8369432643

No comments:

Post a Comment