Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Our second winter storm this month

Saturday was a nice day to get out, but weather quickly changed on Sunday.  I woke up to cold, blustery winds.  I managed to walk Gretchen, Fritz and Sweetie a block around the hood, then stayed inside.  That 20-degree drop in outside daytime temperature was hard to get used to!  I never did make it to Keystone Peak over the long weekend.  I don't like driving on unknown roads when there is a wind advisory.  I only tracked 1.35 miles for the day.  My daily goal is 5.5 miles.


The rain came early Sunday and lasted all day, with a few breaks between each shower.  I was not about to let the rain force me inside all day, so I went to Walmart early in the afternoon for some errands.  I went to get birdseed and ended up getting $150 worth of stuff that had been on my shopping list for a while.  Fritz and Sweetie were with me and waited in the truck, so afterward I walked them on the maintenance road for some off-leash time.  They always appreciate being able to run across the grassy fields to chase after rodents.


Winds and rain kicked in again late at night and into this morning during my before-school dog walk.  It was 48F with a 78% humidity, making that cold feel even colder. And when it was time for me to drive to school, I discovered that I had left the keys in the ignition AGAIN, forcing me to jumpstart the truck in a drizzle. I hate being late! A rainbow burst open as I got ready to leave. I got to the school with a few minutes to spare, with damp pants and cold feet.  Not the best way to start the work week.


Rain persisted for most of the school hours, preventing me from walking a mile during lunch and prep hour. Another bout of rain formed over the mountains in the afternoon.

Morning temperatures this week are forecasted to be in the upper 20s, but it will warm up again before the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment