Saturday, May 14, 2022

Heat Wave

 We are now having highs in the 90s and lows in the 50s.  No rain in sight.

I didn't get up to walk the dogs until 10am (!).  It was  already 84F.  Luckily I only had four dogs to walk.  Sahne and Gretel were in the RV with me.  I walked them first around the block, then put them inside the house.  I took Sweetie and Gretchen and tied them outside in the shade while I tried my new solar tube cooker which arrived yesterday.  It was too hot even for me to walk the dogs.

While I only used it to warm up two spring rolls, it didn't take long for the rolls to heat up.  I'm impressed! I can now experiment with other recipes, and try fresh chicken and steamed vegetables.  I want to get away from always eating fast food.


I showered early after 12pm, then collected all my laundry and drove with both Sweetie and Gretchen to Bisbee's one laundromat, which is next door to the Electric Brewing Company. My plan was to wash a large load of clothes, sit at the brewery next door, and listen to some live music.  I've been washing small sets of clothes in the RV, but I needed too many jeans washed and I really don't like washing clothes or driving into Sierra Vista to wash clothes there.

The live music turned out to be kareoke, which I don't do, but I still spend three hours here while the dogs were tied up outside enjoying the shade.  Anything has got to be better for them than the hot RV.  The view from the patio is lovely.  A fire burning in Mexico was still smoldering in the afternoon. Both dogs were mellow and well-behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment