Sunday, May 22, 2022

Dinner in Tucson

I had a dinner date with Eric and Margaret at Rocco's Little Chicago tonight. Margaret had to work on theor ing, so we couldn't meet until 6:00pm. That's rather late for either of us due to the drive, but still worth for the conversation.

I took Sweetie and Gretchen for the ride. Both did very well the entire time. The sun was behind a building when I got to Rocco's at 6:25pm, so they were in the shade and could see me enter the outdoor patio. Eric and Margaret arrived ten minutes later.
Eric was in fine form tonight with his ascerbic wit. Every question I asked him --how is school coming along, how is the weather in Tempe, how was your visit with your dad last week-- was followed by a rant of a similar topic. I learned tonight that he doesn't like the area I live in because it's riddled with criminals and Mexican cartels and "feels too much like the frontier.' He also ranted about Northwest Indiana and its lack of culture; only a really good paying job would lure him back there, which he doesn't see happening.

The deep dish pizza we had was not as good as the previous ones I had with Steve. The crust wasn't completely baked through and had some raw parts to it. We had a sausage-pepperoni-green peppers-mushroom 12" and the meat gave me the shits soon after we finished. There is the reason why I prefer vegetarian pizza!

We ate out meal and then went on our separate ways. I had to get back home to my dogs, but stopped for a mile- long walk around the two ponds in Reid Park. There were plenty of people walking around the lake or having late picnics in the park. I had never been to this part of Reid Park.

We only walked a mile. The dogs got to walk s bit, drink from the pond, then snoozed in the cab for the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment