Saturday, April 30, 2022

All about Animals

The city is getting back to normal with its outdoor events. Today is the day for the All about Animals and  the West End Fair, both local and free events. I took Zeke on the last event a few years ago, but the heat drove us home early.

It was in the low 50s when I awoke, and a bit warmer when I finally took my three RV dogs, Gretchen, Sahne and Sweetie, for their morning lap. A woman ahead of me on the street to my south, Linda Vista, was walking her two shepherds and that got Gretchen and Sahne barking and pulling. And pulling hard. To avoid a disaster, I turned us all around to walk in the opposite direction. This action got the dog entangled in the leashes. My pulling them in the opposite direction also pushed them toward each other, and quickly a dog fight ensued between the sisters, with Sweetie caught in the middle. When I let go of Sweetie do that she wouldn't be involved, she quickly began attacking Gretchen. Shit. 

Jay, Anna's husband, witnessed this all and came to my rescue when he saw the two sisters now on their hind legs biting each other. He grabbed the leashes of Gretchen and Sweetie while I took Sahne home to rest in the truck. Gretchen got the worse of the two, with a bleeding lower lip.

So much for a peaceful togetherness with Gretchen and Sahne. 

I did my Saturday chore of washing clothes. Ñot because I like the chore, but I find tumbling My dirty clothes a bit soothing. I get the easy stains out this way. My little tumbler works well getting dirt and stains out with prior soaking, but greasy stains are still better cleaned at the laundromat, and for some reason going to the laundromat inconveniences me because I'm away from the dogs who need me.




No comments:

Post a Comment