Saturday, April 23, 2022

Carr Peak with Sahne and Ellen

I hadn't done a peak since October, and that was the first time I went with Sahne. She's a great hiking dog who stays by my side. I think there will be many more hikes with her 

Ellen and I agreed that we felt ready for a peak again. We met at the lower parking lot with another gal she works with, Lori. She looked famiar but I couldn't place from where.

We drove in separate cars to the Old Sawmill trailhead. it was a cool 47F, clear sky, and breezy at the start; good hiking weather.  The sky, however was thick with dust from the recent fires around  Bisbee and yesterday's high winds. The dry spring so far has brought in an early fire season.

But not a sign of wild flowers besides yellow alpine flowers and daffodils. Everything still looks so dry. Bushes are leafing out, but the Aspen are still in pre-bud mode

We met a dog runner going up, and a couple coming down. The gal had told Ellen that she had spotted illegals further down the trail  I never did see any trash.
I was expecting more hikers today.But at least we had water trickling at the falls. The cool water was a treat for Sahne. We even met one of two birders by the springs on our way back to the cars.
The hike took us two hours for the ascent and 90 minutes for the descent. Not our best time together as Ellen's lungs are still healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment