Saturday, October 26, 2019

Brown Canyon to the lower falls


I wanted to hike in the morning, but I had to wait until Kevin's truck was ready for pickup to be able to head out to Brown Canyon. I wanted to check for fall colors, but we are at least three weeks away.  I was the only one at the ranch parking lot when I started at 1230.  The only people I saw were mountain bikers.

 It's very dry in the canyon. The only reliable water was in the trough.  Wildflowers were gone for the season, too.  It's a pretty canyon, though, and it was nice to be back in it.


I made the lower falls my turn-around point, sat there for a while but had to leave because both dogs were restless with me being at the falls and they were below.

I walked part of the loop on the way back, hiking to the high point on the loop, but then taking a little-known and steep downhill side trail that takes one back to the homesteader's gravesite.  It was now 3pm and there were more hikers and bikers on the trail.  When I got back to the parking lot, my car was no longer the only car there.

Hiked 5.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment