Thursday, August 15, 2019

Randal has died

Hearing of Randal falling into a coma on Sunday gave me a bad feeling.  I miss having Susan to walk with along the river.  Today I started late and walked slowly, missing talking to Susan.  She had been quiet since I last texted her on Monday.  After the river walk, I pulled over and texted her, asking her how Randal was doing.  She responded quickly with

"He just passed, peacefully but agonizing for us here,"  (Susan's daughter Andrea from Long Island will fly in tomorrow to help her overcome the grief) "My friend Linda was here as hospice left, saying that he will pass within the hour" (and he did).

While I knew Randal was dying, the news struck me hard nonetheless.  Susan is a dear friend and she just lost her husband of 20 years.  I didn't know him well at all, I met him briefly in April when I went to Susan's house for the first time, and he was still considered healthy.  He was a passionate collector of Corvettes and was active in the local car club

My mood was somber the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment