Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Good Morning, Arizona!


It's finally beginning to cool off some, now that September is just a few days away.

I had slept good last night.  I took a Benadryl to stave off my allergies (itchy, burning eyes, sneezing) last night.  One pill usually works for two days with me and I get drowsy. If Kevin hadn't awakened me at 5am like I asked him to, I would have surely slept through sunrise.  I packed up all the dogs and began my walk shortly after 5am.

There were clouds across the horizon.  San Jose Peak in Sonora was shrouded in clouds.  The sun managed to bring some colors below the cloud cover, so that the sunrise was quite pretty.  It was in the upper 60s and refreshing.  Only Minnie insisted on staying in the Honda to wait on us.  She can no longer handle my two, three, four-mile walks.

My walking course just outside the Coronado National Forest maintenance road off SR92  is no longer a secret.  A woman walking her boxer, a couple riding their bikes, another dog walker and his two dogs all shared the northern route with me.  I have to now be more attentive of people coming around corners on bikes or loose dogs.

Cloud cover persisted well past sunrise.  I saw lightning to the southeast and heard thunder as well, but I managed just over four miles by 7am without any rain.  I love these kinds of mornings when I get my exercise early.


Steady rain finally began falling at 8:30am.  We finally have a morning monsoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment