Tuesday, October 2, 2018

TS Rosa

A week ago Rosa was predicted to dump a lot of rain over southern California and Arizona.  Rosa hit land on Friday and quickly turned northeast and weakened to a tropical storm, battering both Tucson and Phoenix with torrential rains.  We here in the corner of the state got light drizzles.  I was hoping for more.

Sunday and Monday mornings I was up at sunrise to walk the dogs, expecting to get hit with rain later in the day.  The sky was overcast and cooled the morning air for the dogs, and it even drizzled some yesterday during my lunch hour walk around campus, but now most of any moisture is moving north to Phoenix.  Even California lost out on much-needed rain.

The grasses around me are all going to seed.  My allergies are over.  This means that both Zeke and Sweetie pick up all kinds of burrs, seedheads and hulls which stick to their fur as they run through the fields.  Some of the grasses then become prickly sticks along the trail.

Last night I walked briefly with Zeke to get my 10,000 steps in.  A strong, cool wind blew and it continues to blow this morning.  This wind is usually the transition into true autumn, ripping any leaves off trees and creating bland landscapes.

I finally got my customized license plate for my Honda, just in time as the temporary plate expired September 30th.


No comments:

Post a Comment