Sunday, January 17, 2016

Power walk with the hiking dogs

Sunday's hike with the dogs was unspectacular. I didn't feel like driving far for a hike. What did I do? I fell back to my usual routine of taking the dogs to Oak Estates late in the afternoon. It's only a three-mile drive to the start. All three hiking dogs were beside themselves with glee, pushing each other to get out the front door first. Sammy wanted out at first, but then went back to the front door. That told me he was hurting too much, so he stayed behind.

With the three hiking dogs that meant I could let them loose and we all would be walking fast. Sadie even trotted along side me, although Minnie and Zeke's antics got her running around as well. We did the loop road twice for a 2.3-mile romp at a 15:21 minute pace in 35:58 minutes. I stopped a few times for cell phone pics and to pick up some strewn water bottles (who IS the offender? This is not the first time I've come across trash on this empty road). Next time I'm going for three laps around with the dogs to see if they hang on. They run around for the first loop but are more tame the second loop. By the third loop they should be all three right by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment