Monday, November 3, 2014

Our last warm day

It was noticeably cooler this morning. Pache was restless and paced around the house, meowing in frustration. He came twice into my office and peed against the wall, so I knew he meant business. Against my better judgment, I let him outside, knowing that it would be cold tonight for him. (That has never stopped him before.) The cat seems happier outside than inside, and he's peed everywhere to let us know.

Since yesterday's walk with the dogs was cut short, I decided to take the four dogs to Hunter canyon for a short walk in the afternoon. This was Sammy's pace. The old target shooting area shows recent use, as there was brass scattered around the fallen trees. Sammy walked around and then lay down. He looked in pain again today, so I didn't walk him far. I know he is happy just being outside smelling the scents. The sycamores are still mostly green.

The other dogs romped around, running up and down the sloped hillside. But we didn't stay long, as I promised Eric I'd get the truck filled with gas for him fore his 3:40pm departure time for work since I had driven the truck for the last three days. Gas is down to $2.92 and rumor is because of mid-term elections tomorrow.

I prepped the tomatoes for tonight's freeze, put cat food out for Pache and the other strays, and brought in my succulents. This is early in the year for us to get our first freeze. I still have flowers on my tomato plants AND butternut squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment