Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Hiking up to the Bisbee Shrines

Wednesday was another workless day so I took advantage of this and drove to Bisbee with my hiking dogs. Of course all three wanted to sit in the front seat, with obstinate Minnie refusing to give Sadie her space. Zeke just sat on the floor, but he was happy because that was still in the front row. Silly dogs.

After a quick stop at the transfer station, I was on my way to Old Bisbee. I parked in the Gulch across from the Old Bisbee Brewing Company and walked a 1/4 mile to Youngblood Avenue, then continued north on OK Street. The trail starts outside a private driveway. The trail itself is easy to find. I was finally able to take the dogs off leash, as they pulled the entire way!

Walking up to the Shrines is an easy mile-long hike, but it's steep in parts, and the rocks are loose. I hadn't been up here all year. Had there been something new to see from the top of the hill?

MORE LATER

No comments:

Post a Comment