Thursday, April 15, 2010

My gear has arrived!

I ordered an ultralight tent, sleeping bag and backpack from various online vendors across the country. Everything arrived today. My GoLite pack is smaller than expected, and Kevin's convinced I'm going to have a hard time packing everything I need for the trip.

My new Asolo FSN 70 GTX boots also arrived, I wore those tonight during the nightwalk with the dogs. They are lightweight but provide strong arch support. They were more comfy than expected.

The one thing that is going to make this hike a little uncomfy is the required 2-pound bear cannister. That thing is a deadweight! It doesn't have any accessories on it to tie it to the pack. I may end up having more stuff tied around my pack than expected.

"Send it back!" said Kevin as he walked off into the bedroon, unimpressed with my attempt to pack light.

I'm not going to send the pack back. I'm going to do my best to pack whatever I need in that pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment