Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dead Mexican

The US Border Patrol found a dead Mexican near Ash Canyon on Thursday. Agents say the man had been dead for 24-48 hours.

When I told Kevin this news he replied "I was looking for one last week" when I told them that whenever I go to Ash Canyon I always feel I'll come across a dead body (or drugs).

Another dead Mexican was found the next day in town. It's a bit disconcerting to know there are people dying in the mountains so close to home.

Things are getting weird around here. The death of rancher Krentz has opened a lot of eyes, as officials say the killer most likely was a scout for the drug cartels in Mexico out looking for US law enforcement.

http://www.svherald.com/content/news/2010/04/02/body-thought-be-illegal-immigrant

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/border/article_4c3c0075-c428-5ede-9a2a-a63c611efa6d.html

2 comments:

  1. http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/mexico/border.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. " The 154 deaths in the Border Patrol's Tucson and Yuma sectors last year (2003) set a record." It was either 2005 or 2006 that broke that record. However, the USBP is finding more border crossers here who have been found murdered in the desert, and they think they were killed by drug cartel members or human smugglers.

    Although the drugs and trash around here angers me, it still saddens me to hear of people dying in these harsh mountains. No doubt immigration reform is needed, but it should --NOT-- be an "amnesty" program where anyone can come here...that would economically ruin the border states as it's the border states that take care of all these peoples' bills while the Mexican government is laughing all the way to el banco.

    The drug smuggling is getting out of hand. I think something much more terrible than a rancher's murder or border crossers dying is going to have to happen before real change happens.

    (I had to delete my previous post due to leaving out the "NOT").

    ReplyDelete