Thursday, March 25, 2010

Under the three-quarter moon

As soon as it was dark enough for a moon-lighted walk, I leashed up the excited dogs (they hadn't been walked since Monday) and walked with them the 2-mile loop in the neighborhood. They all know the routine now. I like these evening walks as Sadie doesn't pull as much, there are no other dogs aggravating mine, and I don't feel frustrated. I can actually enjoy these walks, too. Tonight the moon was high above early on. I never needed to turn on my flashlight as we power walked around the route.

If only the neighborhood dogs wouldn't bark so much!

Tonight was much of a replay from Monday: 61F at 7pm with pockets of warm air encircling me along the way. I smelled mesquite burning.

Kevin took a sick day today. He now has the cold. Is this the same virus I had or is this just a nuisance cold? He may not be in the mood to hike up any mountains this weekend, and the orange poppies are popping up all around Tucson.

I'm still coughing but the coughing is no longer productive. I made an appointment with my family practitioner and the earliest date is 8 April.

It's been a beautiful week weather-wise. We had some rain Tuesday morning which chilled the ground for two days--we even had morning fog!--and our Bermuda grass is showing a come-up. So are, of course, all the weeds. I try to pull weeds/garden when I come home, 30 minutes a day at least just to keep the weeds in check. The puncture vine has been very prolific this season. That is my least favorite weed.

I'm starting to think of summer plans. With Erin coming here in late June we have been talking about taking four days for a trip down to San Diego. She was born in coastal central California and we both have a special attraction to that state. She loves the ocean, too. I may even go high-end and rent a luxury hotel room. The Gas lamp district, Balboa Park, the marina and the beaches are all worth a day each!

Alex decided to get married in Orlando in mid November. My high school reunion is in Dallas in August. I haven't committed to that one yet as I don't know of anyone of my old friends who are going to be there as well. I may just go just to spend time with friends I've met since graduating from there and who are now friends via my Facebook. (One of them, Darlene, is also an avid hiker all over central California.)

I've also decided NOT to take any summer courses but to instead read a history book a week all summer to prepare for an Honors Literature-History course I am interested in taking. I have really enjoyed my American Literature course and I especially have enjoyed the Black Literature.

I don't even know if I am going to have time to travel to Oregon this July.

All these plans roam through my head as I walk the dogs on a spring evening. I haven't made any concrete plans for the summer at all. If anything, it's going to be one of those "Let's wait and see" summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment