Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sadie!

My favorite German Shepherd Dog in the whole wide world turns two today. I fed her an extra-large cut from a hack of tenderloin Kevin donated for this morning's nondescript "ceremony." Even Mo and Pache got some meat this morning, but Sadie got the biggest cut.

What would my life be without Sadie? The nights would be more restful. There wouldn't be 3am wake-up whines, midnight demands to "play ball" or excess fur everywhere. But life without her now would be unbearably boring.

I'm going hiking with her back to French Joe Canyon, but the clouds over the mountains look ominously dark and stormy. There's no rain YET but we're still going to hit the canyon. I'll be interested to find out who shows up at the 9am meet-up later. I usually get 50% who never RSVP beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment