Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring is here!

The nice thing about Arizona is that its seasons always come on time. My fruit trees in the back yard are all in full bloom. This may be the first year I actually have any fruit, as we aren't due a cold snap any time soon. Earlier today I planted more beans.

What I like about spring is the nighttime temperatures. I took the dogs for an evening stroll and it was still in the 50s. Perfect! The nighttime also echoed the sounds of the dogs' toenails scratching the street asphalt. Tip-tap-tip-tap drove the neighborhood dogs nucking futs.

I swear I got a whiff of Mexico, too as the smell of burning wood hit my nostrils. I could also feel the snow radiate its chill off the mountains, which glimmered a slight blue in the evening moonlight.

Although my energy is back, my lungs are still annoyed with phlegm that just doesn't want to leave. I had a coughing fit in class but that didn't dislodge anything. I'm happy being able to have energy again. I've lost three pounds and my taste for caffeine. I haven't had any caffeine since last Tuesday and don't plan on starting up any time soon. Even beer doesn't taste good (it could be because I'm drinking "diabetic beer" (Michelob Ultra). If I keep this up my Mormon friends would be proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment