Friday, February 19, 2010

Summer plans

Kevin and I ended up going to Yuma without the dogs so therefore I didn't post about our trip here (but it's on my other blog). It was our first road trip in over a year and the first time I've traveled locally without the dogs. And I didn't even miss them!

Sadie's been acting up these last few weeks, whining at 3am to either be let out or fed. She's been annoying both of us. Getting her high-protein foods doesn't satiate her. I plan on taking her to the vet to see what is wrong with her, if there's something wrong with her. The other two dogs were never this bad when they were younger. Sadie's nighttime whining has ruined Kevin's patience with her.

I love that dog. She and I have bonded. I will do what I must to find out what is causing her constant hunger. She was tested last year in Indiana for parasites but the vet didn't find any in her. But that was a year ago. She's a hyper dog who is on the thin side. Even the other dogs are annoyed with her.

At any rate, a few days ago I had this great idea to invite Erin here instead of me driving to Indiana in May. Her vacation doesn't start until June and I managed to get a great flight rate for her and Ethan for late June. I'm looking forward to having her here. When I asked Kevin if he wouldn't mind babysitting, his immediate response was "Absolutely!" He's looking forward to being Grandpa.

Erin even said she wants to go hiking with me. I already have a few foothill hikes on my list. The altitude for a first-time visitor, though, especially a flatlander, may be too much.

Now I have to brainstorm things to do with Erin and Ethan. Tucson has plenty of neat stuff, but I'm at a loss for local stuff. This town is all about the military, retirees and loaded tourists. There's not much for kids here.

But, knowing me, I'll find something to do that's fun and entertaining! I am so looking forward to this visit.

My school ends 17 May. The summer session begins two weeks later. I may just take on-line courses that give me some liberty. Or I may take none at all. Maybe by May I'll be ready for another summer reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment