Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another winter storm due in












I must admit, I love this cool, stormy weather as that means precipitation that we badly need.

The day started out much colder and windier than yesterday. The empty bird feeder hanging off the south wall of the house was banging against the window as I awoke at sunrise. I fed the birds five cups of seed which are gone already. The palm tree lost a few fronds from the wind. Thick grey clouds are hunkering over the peaks as if waiting for the command to "RAIN!"

So, in short, it was a great day to sit down and get my first paper done. I took the two older dogs on a quick two-mile jaunt down to the local post office to drop off two bills. There was hardly any traffic on Hwy 92, perhaps because of the big game later that day. I hadn't walked to the post office in months, but was reminded what a quick and easy walk this is for the dogs and me. A dirt road a block away from our house takes me to the Highway, avoiding the heavier paved roads.

I left Sadie at home this time. She got her own walk later that day before rain fell at 3pm. Sammy took this opportunity to pee on every rock along the way. Sara kept look-out for all the demon dogs along the route. There are two demons she remembered from walks a few years ago to the post office. Once she locked in on those demons, she could not be distracted. She was on a mission to remind those demons that she was still in charge of all territory within her sniffing range.

The wind blew into my face on the way there, but it pushed me along on the way back. We used the closed-off lane of Hwy 92 as a walk-way, staying away from any traffic. It's SuperBore Weekend and fans were surely already getting ready for drunken debauchery at home and in local sports bars.

May the best team win. As for me, I'm hoping for one big-ass storm. My sister reported 33" in her Baltimore area neighborhood. Another storm's due in later this coming week! YAY!

(Edit: The Saints won the SuperBore 31-17)
http://www.svherald.com/content/news/2010/02/08/highway-project-progressing

No comments:

Post a Comment