Thursday, October 17, 2024

Hunter Moon

 We have had a bright moon for two days now.  Yesterday evening I walked with Gretel for 2.5 miles with a warm breeze the entire time.  It was heavingly!  She is so good on leash as well (until she spots a desert hare).  The desert landscape really lights up.  The dirt back roads get little traffic, too.  Perfect for my moon walks.

Today at 4:30am was the official full moon, but again I went out on a night walk.  This time I took Wolfie.  He also walks well on leash until he spots a desert hare. Tonight it was cooler with spotted clouds.  Whenever the clouds covered the moon, it turned darker, but then the moon would resurface and lighten the way.

It's these peaceful walks around the desert that make living where I do now worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment