Saturday, September 28, 2024

Carr Peak with Ellen and Zana

 I always enjoy hiking with Ellen and when she asked me if I were interested in hiking Carr Peak for the fall foliage just a week after hiking it with Bill, I said yes.  I brought Zana this time.


My morning started in a hurry, as I slept through both alarms and didn't awake until 5:30.  Our meetup time was 6am and I had to walk the dogs for a pee break before taking off.  It wasn't until 6:30am that I made it to the lower Carr Peak parking lot where a group of mountain bikers was taking over the lot and riding up fhe road for.training.   Ellen had the foresight to park her Toyota at an angle to save a spot for me.  We rode together in her car, with Zana wanting to sit up front with me.  



The rugged drive must have upset her stomach, as she pooped on the towel I had put in the back  Luckily the towel absorbed the mess and not the upholstery.  Ellen stopped the car to clear out the mess.  Luckily that was a mere flick of the towel as the mess tumbled down the embankment for a few feet.


Weather was much like the Sunday before:  sunny but with a cool breeze.  We could see the yellow Aspen:  they were in their prime now.


Zana did well,  She was off leash but never strayed far.  She kept an eye both on me and on Ellen.


We made it to the summit in 1:57 hours.  That was 14 minutes faster than last week, but neither of us were trying for a PR.  The ladybugs were still crowded on the shrubs


We stayed 30 minutes on the peak, enjoying the breeze and taking photos.  We came across on group of four young adult on the way down.


We had lunch at Culvers before going our own way.  Zana was tired and rested the rest of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment