Sunday, August 25, 2024

Bisbee 1000 stairclimb

 If it hadn't been for four dogs waking me up at 5:25 am, I would have totally overslept for this morning's meetup with Bill in Bisbee.  I WAS late for the 6 am meetup, though, as I had to give all the dogs some pee time in the backyard before driving off with Hansel.  Hansel is the one dog I can trust to stay by my side on an urban walk. 

We got started at 6:30 am to a cool, lush town with clouds overhead.  A rainbow followed us for the first mile. Everything was in bloom!  Hansel slowed us down because he had to sniff everything, but we were taking pictures of all the blooms anyway and took our time, finishing in 2:15 hours. That's 30 minutes slower than our quick pace. I like the slower pace because you can enjoy the moment more this way.  Why rush?  


Hansel was on his best behavior.  There were plenty of dogs out this morning and he didn't bark at any of them.  He stayed on leash except for when we climbed the stairs, and the mile-long walk along Laundry Hill when I let him off-leash.

 




I always enjoy my time in Bisbee, but I was saddened to see Kafka Kafe shut down.  Its facade was completely covered with paper flyers for a new coffee shop moving in.  One can still see the outlines of Kafka on the facade, but the lack of any people outside make that corner look abandoned. When did Bruce and Leiza decide to call it quits?  They made the best local coffee.  The coffee shop lasted three years.



Another closure is the end of Contessa's Cantina, but that closure at the end of July was well-publicized.  A new Mexican restaurant, Los Hermanos, is in its soft opening this weekend.

The Grass Shop is now also closed, but I knew about that as well via e-mail.  I was a regular.  The shop is completely barren.  That's three changes this past summer.

Life goes on and new things take over.  So here is to New Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment