Saturday, August 21, 2021

Sheba gets a new home

 I finally met a person who was genuinely interested in one of the pups. He came by the house to meet the entire pack at 6pm., decided on one of the girls, and then I followed him to his house a few miles away to see how they would react on their turf.

I let the dogs out in his yard. There was some initial nipping at his two male dogs, but both Sahne and Sheba were more interested in his chickens that are kept in three small pens on his two-acre lot. Gretchen was a little nervous about this entire episode, but she, too, is gaining confidence. She may end up being the best behaved of the bunch as an adult as she walked beautifully on leash this morning while walking solo with me for two miles.
While no money was exchanged, both he and I decided to use the weekend as a trial. If things work out with Sheba and her new. Pack, we will meet again and make it official.

I hope it works out. Sheba has turned into an aggressive alpha female, attacking Gretchen every day. Gretchen lately has learned to fight back rather than Yelp loudly in pain and cower under our back yard juniper tree. My lack of any bond with Sheba, even after the July roadtrip, is making this separation easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment