Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Smokey skies


Susan wanted to walk the Brown Canyon Loop at 6:30am, but then texted me at 6:10am while I was walking Sweetie and Zeke around the 'hood to tell me she overslept and wouldn't be able to make it until 7am or so. No problem, I replied, I would wait for her, as I was walking the dogs. to give the older two dogs some exercise.  Just text me when she was leaving her home, I added.  We ended up meeting at 7:30am and both Zeke and Sweetie got a good 1.7-mile walk in and I got another 2.5 miles in on the Nature Loop.

Both pups love to chase after moving cars, and this morning on the road to the Nature trail was no exception. Luckily they were on leash, but Susan reminded me that I need better control of the dogs.  I know that, as their obsession to chase after cars concerns me; this is how Susan's dog Tala was killed nearly two years ago.

It got hot and humid fast, so we didn't lolligag at the duck pond.  We walked our loop and then departed.

It was a hazy day all day, with wind gusts in the afternoon.  Smoke from California wildfires were causing this haze, which was dramatized later in the early evening, just before sunset.  The sun grew into a blazing red ball as I drove off with Gretel for her obedience training.

This year has proven to be the worst year for wildfires in California.  Fires are now burning in Oregon and Washington State.  There are over 14,000 firefighters in California alone.  Even forests south of Big Sure are in flames again.  The LNU Complex fire, the one that Eric had to evacuate from, is now 91% contained.

https://www.latimes.com/wildfires-map/#nt=0000016f-e424-d31d-abef-e4f6e55c0001-liA1promoSmall-1col-7030col1-main


***

Global cases: 27,871,343
Global deaths: 907,574
US cases: 6,516,839 (+26,374)
US deaths: 194,104 (+462)
AZ cases:206,045 (+81)
AZ deaths: 5221 (+2)

No comments:

Post a Comment