Thursday, June 4, 2020

Heat advisory: early morning walks are the only way to beat this heat

I was up at 3:30am with the near full moon setting to my west.  I felt fully rested now to finish the last 50 miles of my drive home.  Even at night, the Sonoita area is beautiful, with craggy mountains outlining the western horizon.  Steve was also up and together we drove off at 3:40am.  We got to his RV park at 4:20am and then went our separate ways.

I got back home from my Mount Hopkins Road walk at 5am.  Kevin was already at his work table smoking and watching videos.  All the dogs were happy to see me, including the puppies.  Since I was wide awake now, I opted to take them on a quick 2-mile sunrise walk, then let them rest at the stock pond on the return walk.  Water in the pond is now below Minnie's chest.  I hope the monsoons kick in before the pond dries up.

Once back at home at 6am, I felt the fatigue set in.  But then an hour later Susan said she was heading down to the river and I was welcome to join her.  We are under another heat advisory, so I decided to join Susan at 8:15am and get the other two miles in.   We met at the Hereford Bridge and walked south for a mile. When we were back at our cars at 10am, it was already 90F again.  This heat is brutal.

Clouds formed all day and I was hoping that some rain would develop, but that never happened.  All they did was create a nice sunset.  I didn't stay up long after dark as I was still very tired from the night before.

***

Global cases: 6,641,157
Global deaths: 391,200
US cases: 1,915,860
US deaths: 109,897
Arizona cases: 22,753 (109 in Cochise County)
Arizona deaths: 996 (5 in Cochise County)
Indiana cases: 36,096 (3806 in Lake County)
Indiana deaths: 2231 (202 deaths in Lake County)

No comments:

Post a Comment