Friday, March 10, 2017

Brown Canyon at sunset


This is my second Friday evening hike in the canyon and it seems to be a popular trail for locals.  I had 11 hikers tonight.  Three dogs were also in the pack, including my Sadie.  Everyone was on time, we took off at 4:47pm and we finished in a moderate paced time of 2:10pm, much like last week.  I only took one dog tonight because I knew Steve was coming with Trace and I didn't want too many dogs annoying the other hikers.  People did complement me tonight for how well Sadie stayed by my side despite being off leash.  She does tend to cut right in front of others, though, causing hikers to trip over her.

One couple, a Polish couple from Tucson, drove down to hike this route and then eat at the German Cafe in town.  The desserts there made by Annette the owner are to die for, especially the strawberry cream cake.

Several people whom I hadn't seen in a while were also there: BillK, EricS.  Angie, AJ, David, Steve showed up again, and several other newbies.  The varied pace of the hikers meant we stretched out a distance between fast and slow and I went from front to back to middle to socialize with everyone.  Many mountain bikers were also active tonight.

We didn't have cloud cover today so we didn't have the spectacular color scheme like last Friday.  The moon was at 98% and rose at 4:52pm; too early to be seen across the hazy horizon.
I'll plan another Friday hike in two weeks.  Now that the evenings are warming up and the days are getting longer, these hikes in the canyon are becoming pleasant again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment