Friday, August 21, 2015

Brown Canyon Loop

I know I have to get out of this rutt. I can't grieve forever. So when Nina told me about this hike earlier this week, I opted to come along. Start time was at 5:30pm and I told her that I'd wait and see what the weather would be like, as we are in the monsoon season.

It turned out to be a good decision to hike today. I took Zeke and Minnie and met seven other hikers at the Ramsey Canyon Road trail head: Nina, Claire, Eric S and Eric T, Susan and newbies Pat and Tiffany. Tiffany brought her two dogs Bella and Tara, a Blue Heeler and an Aussie shepherd. Weather overhead had one thunder cloud and radar showed one last mass coming, but that afterward it would stay clear. We all knew the risks and went into the canyon anyway.

Twenty minutes into our hike, we hit a downpour. It only lasted 20 minutes but that was enough to drench my cotton shirt and jeans. The dogs didn't seem to mind. My orange wind breaker was no help at all. I was just worried about my camera.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment