Friday, June 5, 2015

Carol Wallace and her cancer

Our local paper, the Sierra Vista Herald, printed the interview with Carol this morning. It's quite lovely. I so worry about her. I will be seeing her later today to drop off more cat food and kitty litter. I just wish the front photo had not been published. Carol told me that she didn't want me to photograph her because she wants people to remember her for what she once looked like: a spunky older woman with brownish-white styled hair, a straight smile and an infectious everlaugh. She is now thin, with dark circles around her eyes and deep wrinkles around her mouth, and has lost all will to live. She clearly doesn't want to die. She has so much she still needs to do.

The article says she has three to six months to live. The donation fund that her co-volunteer created is up to $2825. Before the article was published it was at $2650.


http://www.svherald.com/content/sierra-vista-news/2015/06/04/396605

No comments:

Post a Comment