Thursday, March 12, 2015

Brown Canyon Loop

I organized another medium-length hike up Brown Canyon, starting off Ramsey Canyon road and the Brown Canyon trailhead parking area. We met at 1pm and everyone was on time. Mountain bikers were getting done with there loop, so the trail wasn't as crowded as it at first looked to be. It was also cooler and overcast today; perfect weather for a hike!

Nina, Eric T, Robert and Claire joined me. I took Zeke along. We hiked this at a slow-moderate pace.

A controlled burn on the east side of the trail blackened the grass to our right as we hiked around the foothills, but that burn quickly stopped once we started climbing into the canyon. Robert was up front, I was in the middle with Eric, and Nina and Claire took up the rear. Zeke was at his best behavior and stayed with me. I made sure that I had a visual of the people in the rear.

There was water in some of the deeper pools the higher up into the canyon we got, from which Zeke got his refreshment. I had water in my backpack, but wanted to save that for emergencies.



MORE LATER

No comments:

Post a Comment