Monday, September 15, 2014

A walk through Hunter Canyon

It was a busy day for me today. I got called in at 6:45am to get to the high school, and shortly after getting home, get a call from Kevin to pick him up from his office; his truck wouldn't start. Tomorrow morning at 5am I'm driving him back to work and he'll call AAA to get it towed to a garage.

That gave me 5:30pm to start the dogs on a nice walk, and I took all four to Hunter Canyon, along the creek trail. I hadn't taken them there in several weeks. I have been so busy with reading books for Amazon that I've lost track of time during the week, and kept telling the dogs "I'll take you out tomorrow!" But these dogs can't be ignored for so long.

It's always nice to see them frolic among themselves when they get on an open trail. The lack of target shooters is also allowing grass to grow back. The canyon is looking rather green.

A large branch cracked off a dead tree near the trail. Luckily it didn't hit any of the dogs in front of me. It was a charred tree from the 2011 fire. There was no wind at the time the branch snapped off.

Skies are starting to thicken overhead, thanks to the front coming from Hurricane Odile that hit Baja California Sunday night with 135mph gusts. Odile is now downgraded to a tropical storm, so flooding can be next for us. It's starting to rain as I write this, and we are expecting three more days of rain. Will this rain be as intense as the surge from Hurricane Norbert? We need the rain, we just don't need it all at once!

I love stormy weather. I'd feel better if Pache were inside. Bobby got out again as well, but he never strays far. He'll be outside the door meowing to be let back in as soon as he sees my office light come on.

While Arizona is now facing another deluge, southern California is facing two severe wildfires that are threatening structures.

1 comment:

  1. Pache finally came home again. Luckily I was at home when he came to the front door to howl for attention. He doesn't usually do this. Normally he just sits near the door and waits for it to open, to come back inside. I let him in at 7:20am. He was damp from the overnight drizzle. I placed him in the garage with his pals Guinny and Bobby and he's now resting by the window on his cat bed. He's probably scheming his next escape. I hope he sticks around inside for a while.

    ReplyDelete