Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sammy is just fat



The DVM called Kevin on Friday to let us know that Sammy does not have hypothyroidism. He's simply fat and needs to be exercised more. Eric and I have been walking him daily since Thursday, taking him on either a .8 route, a 2-mile route or the 3-mile route. I walked him both mornings with Sara, his favorite companion, before the heat of the day gets to everyone.

But now Sara is also showing signs of old age. Sitting on the back porch yesterday, she started peeing while sitting down. She thus licked herself dry but then I noticed today she was peeing while walking. Looks like another vet visit for Sara in the near future! She doesn't appear in any pain and walks fine, but this is something new. Sara will be 11 years old on June 23rd.

Meanwhile Sadie continues to improve. She can almost run again.

I am leaving later today for my road trip to Indiana. I should be on the road in the early afternoon. I won't go any farther than Albuquerque as I want to see the Raton Pass during the day and spend some time in Trinidad, CO before heading east via US160. I've always wanted to see that part of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment