Sunday, August 29, 2010

Carr Falls













I stayed home for a few hours after the hike up Carr Peak to let Sadie rest. At 3:30pm took the entire pack back up to Carr Falls. When this seasonal waterfall flows, it's beautiful, and many locals make the falls a popular picnic area. As long as there aren't other dogs in the area, this is a fun spot for my dogs to romp.

We didn't stay long as the storm clouds were lingering overhead, and distant monsoon clouds in the valley were dumping rain over Sierra Vista. The entire visit to the falls, with the dogs scampering up and around mesquite shrubs to get to the water, lasted no more than 30 minutes.

It started to rain as I was on the return hike down, just as a few other people came to sit by the falls in the drizzle.

All the creeks were running everywhere, and grass, flowers and blooms were around me. Although this little adventure was short, I'm sure it delighted both Sara and Sammy.

Shortly after I got home again by 4:30pm it began to rain hard and the rain lasted all through the remaining daylight. A faint rainbow rose to the East over the Mule Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment