Friday, August 21, 2009

Our monsoon is returning!

The weather forecast for the last three days has been announcing the "return" of the monsoon this weekend. Chances of a heavy storm are very likely. We need the rain. We got a short but intense downpour yesterday afternoon just before I drove into town for my English class.

At 6:20am it's 69F at 62% humidity. This is a good sign.

I already have a lot of reading to do for my classes this weekend, and since I never know when I get called up for work I have to always keep ahead. However, if the rains aren't too bad I may reconnoiter the hike in the Chiricahuas on Sunday. This was the same hike I wanted to check out while on the last day of my road trip. I'm leading a hike up Sage peak next Saturday.

Right now the clouds are looking dark from the South. If it rains today I'll be happy as that saves us from watering the yard. It may also cool down the temperatures and I can walk the dogs later in the afternoon.

Sadie has been acting weird ever since I've been back from Baltimore. This morning I woke up and found my Spanish Behind the Wheel CD tapes, part of a self-learning Spanish course I listen to while driving, all over the floor. The cardboard covers were completely chewed through and I'm missing two CDs.

Yesterday she found some vanilla-flavored milk shake mix and got that all over the dining room area. She must have found a hidden stash Kevin put away somewhere in the garage; he has an entire cupboard full of powdered and canned foods there. Those cans and powdered mixes are all part of Kevin's survival stash.

Kevin said she got into some of my powdered coffee creamer when I was gone and licked up the entire contents. She always seems to be hungry and I'm always feeding her, yet she never gains any weight. If I don't supervise Sadie's food the other dogs will finish the food for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment