My morning started as the routine: get up early for grocery shopping as some of the best deals are when the store .opens. I was out of raw chicken for the dogs..
The weather forecast called for severe storms later in he day, but there were no clouds in the morning. Instead, the clouds formed gradually and slowly in the late afternoon. I was back home by the early afternoon, did some gardening, and then chilled. I like being safely at home with the dogs when it storms.
I spotted one of the doves with one of her chucks huddled on my front porch railings. It's so sweet to watch them. I wasn't expecting this last clutch to leave the nest after only ten days as the chicks looked so small.
The day was otherwise uneventful. None of the dogs was walked. I stayed with them in the backyard shortly after sunset. The clouds along the southern sky were billowing and by 9:30pm it began to rain. This rain slowly increased in intensity before my phone screeched three times to warn of flash floods in my area
By 10:30pm it was a steady storm with impressive lightning and thunder. This was the first overnight rain and we needed it. We never lost power
No comments:
Post a Comment