Saturday, April 13, 2024

Wolfie goes back to the vet

 Wolfie was due some booster shots and there were no vaccine clinics in town.  So I took him to Tucson and made it to th ABC pet vaccine clinic by 2:47pm, the same place I went last month.  The place closes at 3pm on Saturdays.  The two women up front recognized Wolfie from last month and took him to room #4 right away.  One of the vet techs noticed a strip of plastic under his tail, and when I pulled on it, a foot-long strip of plastic came out of his anus.  And boy, did that stink!

He now weighs 93.4 pounds, a weight loss of five pounds in one month.  Those long walks have been helping!  Despite the weight loss, though, the DVM who treated him today said Wolfie was obese and needed to lose 15 more pounds.  The irony in her comment is that she was overweight herself, but I kept quiet.

I know Wolfie wouldn't be so heavy if we all lived under one house and I could spend time with all the dogs, who all seem to vy for my attention.  He is a gentle soul to me, but he needs training around other dogs.

I now made the rest of the day all about Wolfie.  He needs one-on-one time with me.  And he needs his exercise,

We went to Transplant Pizza for our meal.  Someone on Facebook recommended that place for its Detroit-style pizza. I ordered a small 8x10 triple cheese with mushrooms as I sat outside.  The pizza was good, with the buttery, crispy crust unique to Detroit pizza.  Next door is the Craft Drinkery, owned by the same people, that sells their beer under the Mosaic brand.  It's brewed in north Tuscon off Oracle Road.

So, I extended my stay to try two different beers, both fruity.  One was an American Wheat with hints of strawberry and guava, the second one was an apricot blonde.  There were a few more on the taplist that sounded good.  I'll leave those for next time.


To top off my stay in Tucson, I drove to Reid park four miles away and walked the perimeter path around the entire park.  I parked by the activity center on the northeast end and walked south, past the golf course, continuing east on 22nd Street, past the zoo and the ponds.  Wolfie kept a good pace.  We did four miles in 1:08 hours.


The entire park was busy, even after sunset.  People had picnics, classic car displays, dogs in the dog park. a baseball game in action. Most of the path was lighted.

When I got back to CC's house, we did another mile around the block.  He never once complained.  To keep peace between him and the other two dogs, he slept in my Honda with the windows down.  It was a cool night in the 40s.

No comments:

Post a Comment