Saturday, December 9, 2023

It's all over

Today was the last gathering with the Master Naturalists in training.  We all had to give our capstone presentations last week (mine was on ladybugs), I enjoyed all the presentations: from baking with native seeds, to mammalian bones, pioneer botanists, and artsy quilts. hiking stories along the San Pedro River, and various on-going local projects.  


Today we had the last two presentations followed by potluck turkey meal.  We got our certificates and left by 1pm.

Now I have to start focusing on getting volunteer hours in.  I have to log in 40 hours over the next year with a non-profit agency.  There are a lot to choose from.  I'm interested in the Sky Island Alliance and their work along the border.

The course was fascinating, but intense for me since I had to drive home from school, take care of the dogs, and then drive to the Bisbee Science Lab by 5pm. Those Tuesdays and Thursdays made for long days! I will always enjoy that scenic 21-mile drive along the border though, with that open valley and big sky staring back at me.  The view never gets old. I will miss that drive as I will miss all my classmates.

But now I have to focus on cleaning up the yard, both front and back.  I got a lot done in the last three weeks and I will finish strong once Christmas break starts on the 20th.

One thing I'm so looking forward to is hiking again.  I haven't gone on a challenging hike in months.

view driving back home

No comments:

Post a Comment