Sunday, November 26, 2017

Carr Peak with Zeke


I waited until the absolute last day to hike up the peak this month.  It was a busy trail, too, with several young families making the hike, as well as a group in their 60s or 70s.    I only took Zeke and that worked out well, as there were other dogs on the trail today.

We started at 12:58pm.  That gave me little margin of error.  It was surprisingly mild, too, with temperatures at 82F at the start in the sun. There wasn't even much wind on the peak.  I wore an Under Armour base shirt and a long-sleeved blue blouse over that and that was enough to keep me warm.  Weatherwise, it was an ideal day to trek up the mountain. 

I didn't see much wildlife, though.  All but three wildflowers were still in their colors, but everything else is now dormant.  A smoke trail that was to the north yesterday was now to the east.  Otherwise, this month's hike was rather nondescript.  I stayed at the peak to practice my selfie-taking with Zeke.  Another couple shared the peak with me and of course Zeke tried to charm them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment