Saturday, February 4, 2017

Bisbee's Seven Hills

The hike along the Arizona Trail led by SusanM is tomorrow, not today.  I didn't realize that until early this morning when I checked the hiking schedule.  This allowed me to join the fast group in Bisbee for the 4-mile loop around the Gulch.  I took Sadie and Zeke.  It was 48F at 8:15am in the shade at the start.

Thad led this hike.  KD was also there.  Thad is a fast hiker and does this loop several times a week just for exercise.  It was noticeably warmer today than two weeks ago when I last did this with him.  We hiked the loop four minutes slower, finishing in 1:48 hours.  Even Sadie seemed slow today and I hope nothing is wrong with her.  She's been acting weird all week.  While she likes to hike ahead of me, she was hiking so close to me that I often stepped on her paws, and requests to "Scoot!" fell on deaf ears.  Even back in the van she looked exhausted, leaning against the van's wall while looking at me sadly.  Zeke, however, was his usual hyper and goofy self.

The trail was busy today.  We passed three couples, two with dogs.  Young and old alike were taking their time, from birders with binoculars to a young couple jogging with their two rat terriers, people were out enjoying this mild weather.

We were all back at our vehicles at 10:20am.  Thad and KD took off right away. The Gulch was still quiet and there was plenty of parking spots open.  I stopped at the Bisbee Safeway to get the dogs some fresh steaks.  There was chomping and gnawing all the way home.

Maybe it's the heat that's slowing Sadie down?  I haven't noticed her slow down for the dog walks I lead with my pack after work.  She had loose stool when she got home.  

The neighborhood was quiet.  I enjoy getting a good workout and still having so much day left.

No comments:

Post a Comment